The MARPOL Annex VI 0.5% Sulphur Rule will enter into force on January 1st 2020.
The EnSys-Navigistics Marine Fuels 2020 service provides key, regularly updated information and insights:
- The latest developments at the IMO through direct attendance at each MEPC and PPR
- Detail and commentary on implementation, enforcement and compliance
- Rigorous tracking of scrubber installations, orders and penetration outlook, needed ‘switch volume’ to 0.5% sulfur fuel
- Updates to refining capacity, global liquids supply and demand, hence ability of refining system to supply 0.5% fuel in 2020 and beyond
- Detailed ‘price decks’ covering crude oils and products by type by region for 2019 through 2020 to 2025 and on to 2030
- Assessment of marine fuel stability and compatibility issues and the potential impacts on supply
- Likewise regional supply and logistics issues
- Monitoring of process and other technologies that could impact marine fuels especially post 2020.
Overall, comprehensive coverage that informs and forewarns stakeholders and facilitates effective decision-making to manage MARPOL’s impacts.
Reports for purchase
Past Reports and Newsletters are available for download. Each quarter’s package is available for a one-time purchase for $3,500. If you choose to subscribe, your purchase will be applied to the full year subscription price of $9,950.
Past Newsletters are available for download for $250
Major crude and product pricing is available for 2020 and beyond. Multiple pricing scenarios are available for purchase. The price projections are included in our Marine Fuels 2020 service or can be purchased on a bespoke basis.
Email email@example.com for more information
In the news
EnSys’ and Navigistics’ work has recently been featured in a variety of publications:
- BunkerSpot: Can Refiners Meet the Sulphur Deadline
- Platts Special Report: The IMO’s 2020 Global Sulfur Cap What A 2020 Sulfur-Constrained World Means For Shipping Lines, Refineries And Bunker Suppliers
- Platts Global Oil Market: Podcast
- Financial Times: New shipping fuel regulation set to hit commodities (subscription required)
- Wall Street Journal: An Energy Shock from the High Seas
- Bloomberg: Researcher Who Saw Stressed 2020 Oil Market is More Worried Now
EnSys’ President, Martin Tallett, and Navigistics’ President, David St. Amand, have and continue to give numerous presentations on the topic:
- October 24, 2016 – IMO MEPC70 | Slides
- March 20-21, 2017 – 12th Concawe Symposium | Slides
- May 22-26, 2017 – Petrospot Maritime Week Americas | Slides
- June 20-21, 2017 – Platts Bunker & Residual Fuel Conference | Agenda
- November 7, 2017 – Natural Gas for HIgh Horsepower Summit | Link
- February 22, 2018 – Crude Oil Quality Association | Slides